Call us now ! Send us an email Coloma St Placerville United States

Back to Top

"Plan for Those You Love"
Serving Placerville, California and the surrounding area

Becoming a Guardian or Conservator in El Dorado County, California

Sometimes a loved one may not be able to handle their own finances or make decisions regarding their care. A parent may not be able to care for a child. In these situations, the court may appoint a conservator or guardian to take over the care of the person or estate of the impaired adult or the juvenile. Becoming a guardian or conservator for another person is a complex legal process that is difficult to navigate without legal expertise.
Clara Yang has years of experience in this area and will use her expert knowledge to guide you through the process. If you need help with a guardianship or conservatorship, call now for an appointment with Clara.

What is a Guardianship?

The primary difference between guardianship and conservatorship is the age of the person who must be cared for. A court will generally appoint a guardian for a child under the age of 18 without a responsible parent. The guardian becomes legally responsible for the personal care and well-being of the child, and may also administer the child’s finances and assets. 

What is a Conservatorship?

A conservator is appointed by the court to make decisions on behalf of an adult who is incapacitated by illness, accident, disability or other causes. A conservator of the person is responsible for the conservatee’s personal care, including such things as housing, meals, health and safety. A conservator of the estate is responsible for the conservatee’s assets and finances. Both types of conservators are required to report periodically to the court.

Reliable Legal Advice in El Dorado County, California

A caring and knowledgeable attorney can help you through the legal process required to establish a guardianship or conservatorship. Clara Yang is dedicated to helping you pursue the legal action you need to care for a loved one. Contact her office today to begin the process.